Sunday, October 02, 2005

Developing a personal style?

9th Grade

Never wore the right clothes
Didn’t even know there were right clothes
Just invaded my father’s closet
Wore whatever I could find

Memories of a mid-year shopping trip to Rinks with my mother
Picking out overalls
My eyes sparkled
That would be my style

10th Grade

I suppose my “style” had changed
No idea
Think I wore sweaters all the time

I remember watching him
That popular boy
Floating from table to table in the cafeteria
Ease and confidence

If I could only get that
Ease and confidence
Like a shining beacon it came to me
I knew how
It’s my clothes
Change my personal style

11th Grade

I had the shoes
Nike leather with red stripe
Levi jeans
Izod pink

First day of school
Wear my new clothes
I will get noticed and loved

Perspiration is an awful thing
It’s awful brother sweat is even worse
The pink Izod turned a dark purple
Someone told me it looked like I took a shower
I never wore that Izod again

No comments: