Friday, October 07, 2005

Lithium & Paxil



What's it like to forget to take psychiatric meds?
  • Dizziness
  • Brain freeze (i.e., imagine moving your head and it taking awhile for your brain to catch up)
  • Heart palpitation
  • Ear Ringing
  • Insomnia
  • Dreaming
What kind of dreams do I have when I forget my meds?
  • I need massive amounts of water ... Poland Spring Water to be exact.
  • My mother and I have a coherent conversation about my life!!!
  • My partner David and I vacation at a Grecian style hotel where there is a huge pool encircling and flowing through the room. Our visit is cut short by the arrival of the Polka Music King and Queen (?)
  • I find a kitten, a beautiful little kitten that someone has taken a knife to, her genitals have been butchered. The bleeding kitten dies in my hands.
I take the meds faithfully, except on the rare occasion that I forget. Do I believe that the Lithium helps with the bipolar? I suppose, the medical professionals tell me it does, David tells me there has been a change. Yet these same med people tell me that even with Lithium I will experience bouts with the bipolar. Sometimes I wonder if Tom Cruise knows what he is talking about.

No comments: